- Plan your route ahead of time.
- Trick or treat in familiar neighborhoods.
- Carry a flashlight with fresh batteries after dark.
- Always trick or treat in groups, accompanied by an adult.
- Follow a curfew and take a watch with a backlight.
- Stay on the sidewalks and out of the streets. Cross only at intersections and designated crosswalks.
- Walk. No running.
- Only visit well lit houses. Don’t stop at dark houses.
- Don’t enter any houses unless you know the people.
- Don’t approach unfamiliar pets and animals.
- Don’t cut across yards and stay out of backyards.
- Follow traffic signals and don’t jaywalk.
- Always watch for cars backing up or turning.