Halloween Costume Safety
- Wear flame retardant costumes.
- Make sure your Halloween costume is colorfast so the color doesn’t run onto your other clothes if it rains.
- Try on costumes before Halloween to allow time for altering.
- Hem your costumes so you don’t trip and fall.
- Apply reflective tape to your Halloween costumes.
- Avoid cumbersome masks. Use make-up instead.
- Use only hypoallergenic and non-toxic makeup.
- Wear comfortable, practical shoes.
- Double tie your shoelaces so you don’t trip.
- Keep your costume and wig away from candles.
- Don’t carry fake swords, guns, knives or similar accessories that look authentic. Make sure they’re flexible and cannot harm anyone.