National Kidney Month
March is National Kidney Month, and the NKF is urging everyone to give their kidneys a second thought and a well-deserved checkup.
About The Kidneys:
The kidneys are two, fist-sized organs in your lower back. They maintain overall health through the following functions:
• Filtering waste out of 200 liters of blood each day.
• Regulating of the body’s salt, potassium and acid content.
• Removing of drugs from the body.
• Balancing the body’s fluids.
• Releasing hormones that regulate blood pressure.
• Producing an active form of vitamin D that promotes strong, healthy bones.
• Controlling the production of red blood cells.