Moncton Manhunt Over
The search for the suspect in a shooting that left three Mounties dead and two others injured in Moncton is over.
24-year-old Justin Bourque gave himself up to police shortly after midnight.
Moncton resident Michelle Thibodeau says Bourque was arrested in her backyard in the area of the city where the shooting occurred.
People in the neighbourhood had been told to stay inside and lock their doors while the hunt for Bourque was underway.
He had been on the run from police since the shooting took place at around 7:20 on Thursday night.
RCMP are scheduled to hold a news conference to provide more details on Bourque’s arrest at 8:00, this morning.
Meanwhile, one of the slain officers has been identified as 31-year-old Dave Ross.
The Quebec native was the father of a 19-month-old with another baby on the way.
Another of the officers left behind three children.
One of the officers injured in the shooting has now been released from hospital.