Listen on Monday for your chance to win tickets to see Warm Up The Kitchen Concert/Silent Auction on Sun, Jan. 25th at 2pm at St. George’s Hall, Nepean St, Sydney. All proceeds to the Loaves and Fishes to help with heating cost. When you hear your cue, call 902-563-5771.
- Turkeys are able to adapt to a wide variety of habitats. However, most turkeys are found in hardwood forests with grassy areas.
- The best time to see a turkey is on a warm clear day or in a light rain.
- Turkeys have heart attacks. When the Air Force was conducting test runs and breaking the sound barrier, fields of turkeys would drop dead.
- Turkeys can drown if they look up when it is raining.
- A spooked turkey can run at speeds up to 20 miles per hour. They can also burst into flight approaching speeds between 50-55 mph in a matter of seconds.
Listen until Aug. 15th when you have a chance to win a Beggar’s Banquet Dinner for one at the Point of View Suites in Louisbourg. They happen every night until Aug. 31st. When you hear your cue, call 563-5771.
You’ll dress up in 18th. Century Period costume for a 3 Course Home-Cooked Meal.
Celebrate ‘Safety on the Water’ during Safe Boating Awareness Week. Watch for displays, newspaper articles, radio spots, and more in your community as CPS gears up to ensure recreational boaters are equipped with the information they need to enjoy their boating pursuits. In keeping with its educational goals, CPS strives to ensure that all Canadians who head out on the water do so well informed to have a safe day.
Safe Boating Week Key Messages
-Wear Your Lifejacket
-Don’t Drink and Boat
-Take a Boating Skills Course
-Beware of Cold Water Risks