Please note…No Coast audio streaming on the internet for the time being , hope to have it back up soon, sorry for the inconvenience!
Victoria Day is a federal Canadian public holiday celebrated on the last Monday preceding May 25, in honour of Queen Victoria‘s birthday. As such, it is the Monday between the 18th to the 24th inclusive, and thus is always the penultimate Monday of May. The date is simultaneously that on which the current Canadian sovereign‘s official birthday is recognized. It is sometimes informally considered the beginning of the summer season in Canada.
The holiday has been observed in Canada since at least 1845, originally falling on Victoria’s actual birthday (24 May 1819).
Mother’s Day is a celebration honoring the mother of the family, as well as motherhood, maternal bonds, and the influence of mothers in society.
The modern holiday of Mother’s Day was first celebrated in 1908, when Anna Jarvis held a memorial for her mother at St Andrew’s Methodist Church in Grafton, West Virginia. Ann Jarvis had been a peace activist who cared for wounded soldiers on both sides of the American Civil War, and created Mother’s Day Work Clubs to address public health issues. Anna Jarvis wanted to honor her mother by continuing the work she started and to set aside a day to honor all mothers, because she believed that they were “the person who has done more for you than anyone in the world”.
- You count the number of sprinkles on each kid’s cupcake to make sure they are equal.
- You want to take out a contract on the kid who broke your child’s favorite toy and made him/her cry.
- You have time to shave only one leg at a time.
- You hide in the bathroom to be alone.
- You hire a baby sitter because you haven’t been out with your husband in ages, then you spend half the night talking about and checking on the kids.
- You hope ketchup is a vegetable because it’s the only one your child eats.
- You find yourself cutting your husband’s sandwiches into unusual shapes.
- You fast-forward through the scene when the hunter shoots Bambi’s mother.
- You can’t bear to give away baby clothes–it’s so final.
- You hear your mother’s voice coming out of your mouth when you say, “Not in your good clothes.”
TimeTravel – “If you don’t straighten up, I’m going to knock you into the middle of next week!”
Logic – “Because I said so, that’s why.”
Foresight – “Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you’re in an accident.”
Irony -“Keep crying and I’ll give you something to cry about.”
Weather – “This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it.”
Wisdom – “When you get to be my age, you’ll understand.”
Justice – “One day you’ll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you”