Rogers Hometown Hockey
- Old Town Hall, 14 McKeen St, Glace Bay, NS B1A 5B9 (McKeen St. from Main St. to Queen St and Cottage St.)
- Saturday, Nov. 10 – Festival open from Noon AT to 6 p.m. AT
- Sunday, Nov. 11 – Festival opens at 2 p.m. AT and runs through the end of the Rogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party
- Special Guests at the Festival:
- NHL Alumni Alex Tanguay and Paul MacLean, the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles, The Trews, Michael Lloyd Band, Jesse McGillivary, The Men of the Deeps and more!
- Saturday: Michael Lloyd Band
- Sunday: Jesse McGillivary
- Sunday: The Men of the Deeps
- Sunday: The Trews
THE COAST WILL BE BROADCASTING LIVE FROM 1-5PM ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAY!
Rogers Hometown Hockey Festival Details:
The free hockey-themed weekend features games, prize giveaways, fun activities, and live local entertainment for the whole family, including:
- Rogers Fan Hub: Rogers celebrates your community within the Fan Hub. Help support local minor hockey and participate in fun and interactive experiences, autograph signings with NHL alum Alex Tanguay, video game stations, bubble hockey, and popcorn!
- Sportsnet Virtual Photo Booth and Interactive Games: Fans have the chance to get close to their favourite players through virtual technology. Fans can take photos with virtual images of NHL stars, and have the photo emailed directly to their device for social sharing and their chance to win great prizes. In addition, hockey players of all ages will be able to show off their hockey skills and see how they match up to the NHL stars!
- The Hockey Circus Show: Come see Paz, our world-renowned hockey acrobat! Paz juggles everything from pucks to flaming hockey sticks all while standing on top of a net. It is an experience that the family will never forget.
- Scotiabank Community Hockey Rink: A family-friendly outdoor hockey space to engage hockey fans, interact with NHL alum Paul MacLean, celebrate the game and play ball hockey. Scotiabank will also be donating $15,000 to minor hockey associations in the community.
- Ram Haul of Fame: Features the Ram 1500 in a hockey-themed obstacle course that will test the skills of fans of all ages. Also, fans have the opportunity to enter the Breakaway Giveaway contest to win an all-new 2019 Ram 1500 for their family and $5,000 for their local minor hockey association. All contest entrants will receive a free branded giveaway courtesy of Dodge.
- Dr. Oetker Giuseppe Pizzeria: Fans can enjoy a complimentary slice of Giuseppe Pizzeria pizza fresh out of the oven, and learn more about the Find Giuseppe contest with many great prizes to be won!
- Tim Hortons: As fans are enjoying the festival, warm up with a complimentary coffee or hot chocolate from the Tim Hortons mobile truck.
- Playmobil Kids Zone: Fans have the chance to face off against friends and family with the PLAYMOBIL NHL Arena and its lineup of NHL figures. In the zone, fans will also be able to enter to win a new NHL playset.
- Live Local Entertainment: Live music featured throughout the weekend beginning with Michael Lloyd Band performing on Saturday followed by Jesse McGillivary and The Men of the Deeps on Sunday.
- Giving Together to support hockey in your community: Every week Rogers is Giving Together to support hockey in each community. All proceeds support minor hockey organizations. Attendees can participate in 50/50 draws or by purchasing popcorn or food from the on-site BBQ where all proceeds will be donated.