Halloween Safety Tips
For children and youth:
- Carry a white bag or pillowcase for your candy, and add some reflective tape.
- Dress for the weather. Cold weather or water absorbent materials in the rain can be very uncomfortable.
- Bring a cell phone, in case you need to make an emergency phone call.
- Always travel in groups. Be sure there are at least 3 of you at all times.
- Let your parents know where you’re going to be at all times.
- Don’t visit houses that are not well lit. Never go inside a stranger’s house.
- Use the sidewalk whenever possible. If there’s no sidewalk, walk on the side of the road facing traffic.
- Don’t criss-cross back and forth across the street. Work your way up one side of the street, and then start on the other.
- If you have any allergies, tell the person who is giving out the treats.
- Don’t eat any of your treats before you get home. Once home, ask your parents to look through your treats with you to make sure everything is okay.