Couple and Newborn Homeless After Victoria Mines Fire
Donations are pouring in for a couple and their newborn son who were forced from their Victoria Mines home by fire on the weekend.
Fire officials say the Saturday blaze at 2915 Highway 28 was caused by an outdoor hot tub.
They add all three were lucky to safely escape the fire because the blaze started about only ten feet from the outside door.
Much of what was inside the baby’s nursery was destroyed in the fire but some of the firefighters gathered some baby items to donate to the family.
The Red Cross is putting the family up in a hotel and providing the couple and their baby with everyday items.